When it comes to municipal finance, Ramirez has the experience, infrastructure, capital, and track record to compete with any firm in the country:
- Consistently ranked in the top 10 nationally as a managing underwriter of municipal debt
- A participant in one in every four bond transactions
- Acts as book runner for many of the largest municipal issuers in the U.S.
- One of the largest sales and trading desks in the U.S., with seven dedicated traders and 17 institutional sales professionals
- Largest municipal finance franchise among minority-owned firms with 65 experienced professionals
- 50 years of proven track record
- Active market maker
- Nationwide coverage
We provide banking, underwriting, sales and trading to states, local governments, and public agencies throughout the United States. Our elite Municipal Finance team has top rankings for negotiated underwritings for issuers nationwide and maintains an active competitive underwriting presence. Our team is supported by a high-level credit strategy group and one of the largest institutional sales and trading teams in the industry.
Meet Our Team
For performance information email us at:
- Peter Block
- Head of Municipal Credit Strategy
- (212) 248-3885
- Alan Greco
- Head of Institutional Sales and Trading
- (212) 248-3892
Headquartered in New York City with regional teams across the country, Ramirez brings to issuers a banking and underwriting approach that puts the issuer client first and foremost in everything that we do. We are driven to achieve the absolute optimum solution to any of our clients’ financing challenges. Ramirez has put together a banking team focused on innovation, rigorous quantitative analysis and credit strategy, and superior market execution. Over the last five years, Ramirez has senior managed nearly $25 billion of municipal transactions and has co-senior or co-managed in excess of $293 billion of negotiated debt, representing over 20 percent of all municipal market activity.
- Our group serves issuers nationwide from offices in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando and San Juan
- Ramirez has served as the lead underwriter to many of the country’s largest cities and states
- We have particular expertise in Higher Education, Housing, Public Power, Transportation, Water and Sewer Utilities and taxable municipal debt
- Ted Sobel
- Head of Public Finance
- (212) 378-7127
Working jointly with our municipal bankers, our negotiated underwriting desk provides market insight and expertise to our municipal issuer clients. We use our deep client knowledge to aggressively price every transaction that Ramirez is managing. Coupled with a seasoned competitive syndicate operation, we have extensive transaction experience and issuer coverage from coast to coast.
Head of Underwriting
Institutional Sales and Trading
Our seasoned group of 17 institutional sales professionals rivals that of any firm on Wall Street. Complemented by seven traders spanning five trading desks, the firm offers our institutional clients a comprehensive combination of products and services in the municipal market. With an average daily inventory in excess of $150 million, Ramirez traders are putting the firm’s capital to work to provide liquidity for our institutional clients in all market environments.
- 50 years of proven track record in the municipal industry
- One of the largest institutional sales and trading desks in the country
- Active Market Maker
Head of Institutional Sales and Trading
Credit and Market Strategy
The Municipal Credit and Market Strategy (CMS) team oversees the municipal credit risk needs of the firm for primary market, secondary market and regulatory/compliance purposes. The team regularly monitors a broad universe of issuers, sectors, and macro topics impacting the municipal bond market. On the primary market side, CMS manages the flow of credit information between the new issue syndicate desk and institutional investors for all senior-managed and co-managed underwriting mandates. CMS issues a weekly Pre-Sale Summary for every Ramirez-managed transaction as well as the Municipal Market Weekly newsletter.